Local Dog Care Services I Recommend
- A Caring Vet - I LOVE Dr. Hansen! He is so personable and willing to take the time to talk to you about your dog's needs. He has been absolutely amazing with my dogs, especially my little fearful Suki! He pays attention to each dog and works to build a relationship and make the dog comfortable rather than just jumping into the examination. He is located in Lindon.
- Park Animal Hospital - I have heard nothing but good things about this vet clinic in Provo. They have been a fantastic resource for several of my clients, have done at-cost vet care for Great Basin Wildlife Rescue, and have been very helpful working alongside a local behavioral consultant to prescribe necessary psychiatric medications for dogs in her program.
- Family Pet Hospital - Located in Mapleton, this clinic has been great working with several of my clients and their dogs. In one instance, they played a huge role in helping an extremely anxious dog overcome many of his fears and insecurities at their play-days.
- Goo Goo Dogs Grooming Salon - I have heard more positive things about Goo Goo dogs than any other grooming facility around! Located in Provo, they are a great option for anyone in Utah Valley.
- K's Paws and Claws - Located in American Fork, Kaylie is a great option for anyone needing grooming in north Utah Valley.
- Synergy Pet Salon - Located in American Fork, the owner is a dog trainer-turned-groomer who did a lot of work with fearful and aggressive dogs, which could be a plus for dogs that are nervous about grooming.
- Kat's Training Tails - I recommend Kat to anyone looking for group training classes, especially agility. She periodically hosts FREE training workshops that are open to the public, all of which are fantastic!
- From Beaks to Barks - Emily Strong is an amazing behavioral consultant. I highly recommend her to anyone looking for help with aggression and rehabilitation cases.
- Wasatch Canine Camp - Their trainer, Andrew Maunder, does fantastic group classes. WCC is also a good option for anyone looking for board-and-train programs or e-collar training.
- Sonja's Dog Training - Sonja was the first UKC Nosework Judge and AKC Scent Work Judge in the state of Utah. She is a great option for anyone interested in doing any kind of scent training or search and rescue work.
- Pets Decoded - Lynne Gilbert-Norton is the only Canine Behaviorist (has a PHD in the behavioral sciences) in the state of Utah. She is easily the best choice for extreme behavioral cases.
- Skye's Dog Training - I recommend Skye for anyone needing help with Psychiatric or Autism Assistance service dog training in the Salt Lake Valley area or northward.
- Side By Side Dog Training - Laurie is my top choice for anyone needing help with Diabetic Alert service dog training.
- Synergetic Canine Dog Training - I recommend Suzannah to anyone needing dog training in Davis County and northward. She specializes in the turn-and-face method for working with reactive dogs.
- Companion Golden Retriever Rescue - I mentored under Steve, who runs CGRR. He works very closely with each of the dogs who comes through his rescue and gets to know them personally. As such, he is very good at matching families to the right dog.
- Best Friends Animal Society - they are the largest no-kill animal shelter in North America! They have so many incredible programs, including low-cost spay and neuter and vaccine clinics, helping shelters become no-kill facilities, and their annual Strut-Your-Mutt event to support the goal of no more homeless pets. They work hard to bring about sweeping social change that will improve the lives of pets and pet owners alike. Their influence has made a huge difference all across America.
- Ruff Patch Rescue - they do most, if not all, of their adoptions using foster families. This means the dogs don't get stuck living in a kennel; instead, they have a temporary home while they wait to find their forever families. In addition, the fosters become very intimately familiar with the dogs in their care, allowing the rescue to match the right families to the right dogs.
- Rescue Rovers - like Ruff Patch, Rescue Rovers also uses foster families, making them an excellent choice if you're looking to be matched with the perfect dog for you.