Local Dog Care Services I Recommend
- A Caring Vet - I LOVE Dr. Hansen! He is so personable and willing to take the time to talk to you about your dog's needs. He has been absolutely amazing with my dogs, especially my little fearful Suki! He pays attention to each dog and works to build a relationship and make the dog comfortable rather than just jumping into the examination. He is located in Lindon.
- Pet Medical Services - These guys are located in Orem. They have been so amazing to work with. I have seen them bend over backwards for so many of their clients. They truly care about the people they see and the animals they work with.
- Family Pet Hospital - Located in Mapleton, this clinic has been great working with several of my clients and their dogs. In one instance, they played a huge role in helping an extremely anxious dog overcome many of his fears and insecurities at their play-days.
- Goo Goo Dogs Grooming Salon - I have heard more positive things about Goo Goo dogs than any other grooming facility around! Located in Provo, they are a great option for anyone in Utah Valley.
- Synergy Pet Salon - Located in American Fork, the owner is a dog trainer-turned-groomer who did a lot of work with fearful and aggressive dogs, which could be a plus for dogs that are nervous about grooming.
- K9 Designs - They are a mobile grooming company. No need to go to the Salon, the Salon will come to you!
- Crystals Dog Spa - Located in Pleasant Grove, I have heard lots of great things about them!
- Kat's Training Tails - I recommend Kat to anyone looking for group training classes, especially agility. She periodically hosts FREE training workshops that are open to the public, all of which are fantastic!
- Andrew Maunder - Andrew is a great trainer. I especially love his Leash Manners and Relationship building classes.
- Pet Harmony - Emily Strong is an amazing behavioral consultant. I highly recommend her to anyone looking for help with aggression and rehabilitation cases.
- Wasatch Canine Camp - They have fantastic group classes. WCC is also a good option for anyone looking for e-collar training.
- Sonja's Dog Training - Sonja was the first UKC Nosework Judge and AKC Scent Work Judge in the state of Utah. She is a great option for anyone interested in doing any kind of scent training or search and rescue work.
- Pets Decoded - Lynne Gilbert-Norton is the only Canine Behaviorist (has a PHD in the behavioral sciences) in the state of Utah. She is easily the best choice for extreme behavioral cases.
- Skye's Dog Training - I recommend Skye for anyone needing help with Psychiatric or Autism Assistance service dog training in the Salt Lake Valley area or northward. She also does therapy dog training.
- Side By Side Dog Training - Laurie is my top choice for anyone needing help with Diabetic Alert service dog training. She also does other kinds of service dog training and therapy dog training.
- Family Pet Hospital - They offer play groups and play days in Mapleton
- Barley's - I recommend Barley's for anyone needing boarding or daycare services in Salt Lake Valley
- Utah Dog Park - Utah Dog Park is great for anyone needing boarding or daycare services in Salt Lake Valley
- Companion Golden Retriever Rescue - I mentored under Steve, who runs CGRR. He works very closely with each of the dogs who comes through his rescue and gets to know them personally. As such, he is very good at matching families to the right dog.
- Best Friends Animal Society - they are the largest no-kill animal shelter in North America! They have so many incredible programs, including low-cost spay and neuter and vaccine clinics, helping shelters become no-kill facilities, and their annual Strut-Your-Mutt event to support the goal of no more homeless pets. They work hard to bring about sweeping social change that will improve the lives of pets and pet owners alike. Their influence has made a huge difference all across America.
- Ruff Patch Rescue - they do most, if not all, of their adoptions using foster families. This means the dogs don't get stuck living in a kennel; instead, they have a temporary home while they wait to find their forever families. In addition, the fosters become very intimately familiar with the dogs in their care, allowing the rescue to match the right families to the right dogs.
- Rescue Rovers - like Ruff Patch, Rescue Rovers also uses foster families, making them an excellent choice if you're looking to be matched with the perfect dog for you.